пятница, 22 декабря 2017 г.

My World Travels

I've been to 6 countries - only 2% of the world.  I hope to dramatically increase that number.

United States, Canada, Mexico, Germany (flight layover), Russia (4 months) and Japan.


The Amazing Maize Maze

My Friday night was pretty boring - sitting around my house with my cats and trying to get some organization in my living room.  Saturday morning was spent cleaning the house with Brian and getting all the last minute things together for our party for our Sunday School class.  Tami and Nate came over early and Tami helped me clean and get the house together and then we played bocce ball and a game called dingleballs (or ladderjacks) in the yard - that was fun.  Tami definitely lowered my anxiety level just by being there.
After everyone from church came over, we had a little surprise party for one of the girls and just spent time hanging out.  I was very nervous about being a good hostess and wondering if our house was good enough, if I was good enough, etc. but Brian and Tami both helped me to relax. 
Once it got dark, we all got into the church van and went to a corn maze in the next town over.  I didn't really care about getting all the little checkpoints in the maze or making it through really fast or anything like that. I just enjoyed walking with Brian and being able to hold his hand and kiss him when the group would stop for a moment and being able to laugh with him about all our inside jokes and all his corny jokes.  It totally felt like we were back in high school on a youth group field trip (not that we knew each other back in high school, but it felt that way).  Later that night, we got to have some fun quality time in our house before driving to Saginaw for the night. 
Church was good on Sunday morning.  I got to talk to my friend Jen for a while and it seems like we're going through a lot of the same feelings right now about ourselves and life - like just not feeling good enough, being really hard on ourselves, etc.  It was good to know that I'm not the only one that feels that way a lot of the time.  Brian and I spent most of the day watching football, going out for Chinese food for dinner and then settling in for the night by spending time together and watching "Crossing Jordan".
In other news, I finally got up the nerve to e-mail Kendra real quick on Friday and let her know that I'm thinking of her and praying for her and that I miss her.  I haven't heard back from her yet. 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий