пятница, 22 декабря 2017 г.

New Year

First of all, I have to say that today I’ve been married 6 whole months! That’s half a year!!
New Year’s Weekend came and went with a lot of stress and some relaxing.  Friday night we had Dan and Nicole over for dinner (we used our quesadilla maker for the first time and learned it’s not exactly conducive to group dinners, but had fun nonetheless) and we played Hullabaloo (very fun game) and then played Monkey Fight and Mario Kart.

  Some of our best times hanging out have come from Monkey Fight and Mario Kart (especially Mario Kart).  Plus, Dan got to meet the kitties and we just had a lot of fun.
Saturday I had to work all day and it was one of the more stressful days at work.  There were no real problems except that everyone checking in seemed to have their reservation messed up in some way.  It reminded me a lot of the Seinfeld episode about the rental car  (“You know how to take the reservation, you just don’t know how to hold the reservation.”).  It’s impossible to make everyone happy all of the time anyways, but there were problems actually caused by people that work here, or that don’t work here anymore in some cases, and it was all about trying to clean up after everyone’s mess.  It was really frustrating.  And everyone wanted to have as much space in the courtyard as possible for their group and the courtyard can only accommodate so many people at one time – let alone tables.  You can’t have organized parties of more than 12 around the pool anyways, but the parties of 10 can be just as horrible.  I’m so glad I didn’t have to work that night, though.  I mean, as tough as Saturday morning and afternoon were, I can’t imagine having to deal with all the crap that went on Saturday night.  We only had one person arrested (they weren’t a guest, but they were bothering our guests by the pool). 
Saturday night I came home and relaxed for a bit while Brian did some work around the house.  I curled up with a blanket, a good book, and kitties.  Brian even came into the living room and lit a candle for me – he’s the best.  After I finally was able to unwind from work, we had dinner (more quesadillas) and I took a shower and had some good quality time with Brian.  We watched another episode of Joan of Arcadia and I went to bed early.  Brian came in and gave me a kiss at midnight, but I couldn’t really wake up long enough to wish him a happy new year.  Oh well.
Sunday morning came early.  The kids started getting loud at 9am and my day at work got off to a grand start by having to tell them all to be quiet, stop running, get out of the pool because it wasn’t open yet, etc.  Oh well.  Most of the morning was pretty quiet – handing out extra towels, toothpaste and soap and such.  Surprisingly, we didn’t really get many complaints about the night before.  Actually, we only got a few residual comments about problems with reservations that were handled on Saturday.  Mostly we got compliments about the night staff doing such a great job all night making sure that everyone was safe and happy. We gave everyone a 1pm check-out time so things were pretty busy between noon and 2pm.  But, I got to go home at 3pm, so I was happy. 
Sunday afternoon Brian’s dad came over and we watched football and got pizza and I got to do some more reading and relaxing.  Brian’s dad stayed overnight and so he’ll get some more time with him today, which is good.  Also, Brian is going to pick up Dan today so he can stay with us for a few days now that Nicole has to head back to work.  Brian will be driving him to the airport when he leaves for a few days in Virginia with my parents

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий